Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, March 12, 2018

Cherry Soup

 
One of the things about putting a Hungarian tenant family in the Dubois Files children's books is that I have to learn more about Hungarian culture! Seriously, I know practically nothing about it. Thank goodness for the internet.

In The Hitchhiker, the book taking place in cherry season... the kids are helping with fruit sorting... I went looking for a Hungarian recipe that used cherries. I had no idea if they even had cherries there. Well, they do, and there is a popular traditional cold fruit soup made with tart cherries! Cherry Soup.

Hungarian Cherry Soup

It's really good. Of course, I like most everything cherry, but it's spicy and refreshing.

It's not too complicated to make, so the recipe is going in the book as one of the craft/skill items.

See Cherry Pie II
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

What I know about Hungarian culture I learned right here today. That looks pretty good.

vanilla said...

I think I have never enjoyed this one, but since I like cherries-- a lot -- I suspect I'd relish it.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay wot??? hungarian cherry soop??? obviusly this is sumthing that i must ask dada to mayk!!! altho he probly wont let me hav enny eeven tho i am way mor hungarian then ennybuddy else arownd heer!!! ok bye