Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Trade-Off, and More

 
Today it was suddenly spring. Pasqueflower blooming in the remnant of my rock garden.

pasqueflower

Forsythia instantly bright yellow.

forsythia

The problem is, I'm going to southern Ohio for the next two weeks where it's pretty much summer already. Spring is just starting here, and will be well along when I return. I've planned myself into missing spring this year. That wasn't the smartest move I've made, but the dates just worked so it will be what it will be.

The really nice thing about today is that the Manistee National Forest awarded the Enduring Serivce Award jointly to the Western Michigan and Spirit of the Woods chapters of the North Country Trail Association for our many years of partnership to maintain the 120 miles of North Country Trail through the Forest. In the picture (L-R) are Mark Weaver (National Park Service), Beth Keloneva (President WMI) with their plaque, Luke Jordon (NPS), Bob Dunning (President SPW) with our plaque, Chris Loudenslager (NPS), and Dave Jaunese (National Forest Service).

We told a lot of mutual trail tales and sharing the good things that have happened because of these partnerships. And, everyone in the chapters who wants one also gets a patch. You know I wanted mine! This award is kind of a big deal, so I'll gladly share it with you.

Enduring Service Award

The house is completely trashed with stuff piled in the living room, boxes of food on the kitchen floor, and half-finished projects everywhere. But there is a semi-good chance I may actually leave tomorrow.

Also on my to-do list is get a new picture of the shrub I've been teasing you with. You'll see that tomorrow, and then I'll be on my way to spend a few days with Ester before meeting Marie to hike. I should be able to blog most days with the phone as a hot spot.

Excited!

See Rock Garden Remnants
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


1 comment:

Ann said...

That forsythia is way ahead of mine. Congrats on that award
Have a Happy Easter