Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, September 2, 2016

I Found Dinner

 
The nature photography is suffering this week even though I'm walking the dog twice a day. I've been carrying the clippers and clearing some brush away from my trail. Mostly horrid autumn olive. But I can't really manage the dog on a leash (Jade has to be leashed), loppers and a camera.

So I can't show you the picture of this treat in situ. But I quickly plucked it and brought it home. It was about the size of an oversize softball.

puffball

I cut it open and the inside was perfect- white and clear.

puffball

Now, I'll admit that most anything fried in bacon grease is probably good, but slices of puffball fried till golden is one of my favorite things in the entire world. I also had the last of the zucchini soup and that was dinner!

puffball

I go to work in a couple of hours. Then I hope tomorrow will be quiet.

See Giant Puffball
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh, what a treat!

Rick (Ratty) said...

I've never seen anything like that before. It does look interesting. What is it?

Secondary Roads said...

What a brilliant find! They are delicious. All the more so fried in bacon grease. For me, a couple of jalapeño poppers on the side would make the feast complete.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty, it is a type of mushroom called a giant puffball