Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Another Gorgeous Day!

 
Worked at the paper in the morning, and then out doing cases this afternoon. I could whine that I didn't have time to do one single thing in my flower beds, but why bother? Look what I got to see instead!

This is 3 1/2 Mile Road. It seems to be growing a collection of new summer homes, but so far has retained its character.

3 1/2 Mile Road

I was hoping to bring you some beauty in ordinary things, but most of those photos didn't have good focus. I did manage to get the sun through a new beech leaf.

beech leaf

How about a close-up of a wood anemone blossom?

wood anemone

While I was focused right there a fly came and settled right in the flower! I'm no entomologist. I have a request in to Bugguide.net to learn what kind it is.

fly

My favorite picture of the day, despite the stupid wires, is this late afternoon light on the roadside trees. I turned around and went back to get this picture.

light in trees

Back to work in the morning, but it's no hard task at all to find beautiful things in plain sight!

See A Collection of Lovely Spots
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

Secondary Roads said...

That is some fly! The green in that last pic could put your eye out. Amazing!

Ann said...

well how about that a photobombing fly :)

The Furry Gnome said...

I love that road through the woods?

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello sharkbytes its dennis the vizsla dog hay that luks like a rode wot dada wood totaly hav ridden his mowntin bike along bak in the day wen the mowntin bike did sumthing other then sit in the garadj!!! hay dada nudj nudj!!! ok bye