Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, August 3, 2015

Betty's Garden

 
My friend Betty loves her garden! Isn't it beautiful?

flower garden

And her dirt grows one of my favorite wild foods, common purslane.

I came home with enough plants for 13 servings. Ate 2, 4 in the fridge, 7 in the freezer. Yummy! This is the pile after washing.

purslane

And she gave me some new potatoes, too. Aren't I blessed?

See Tart Healthy Green
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Lin said...

WOW! Betty's garden is beautiful AND fruitful! Go Betty!

Secondary Roads said...

We've been enjoying purslane this year. We've had it steamed and raw. Which way do you prefer?

Sharkbytes said...

Lin- she's amazing. I've given up on garden.

Chuck- lightly boiled (steamed would be the same). Topping for potato or rice. Or just as a green.

Ann said...

She does have a beautiful garden. I would love to have one but I would need someone else to take care of it for me. It's just too much work and I don't have much of a green thumb. I've never has purslane. As a matter of fact I've never even heard of it before