Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Cloud Bank

 
Standing on a high bluff by the big lake today, you could see a bank of clouds rolling in across Lake Michigan. I thought that's all there was going to be to say about it. We didn't get a storm of any kind, it was just this roll of gray "cotton."

clouds over Lake Michigan

So then I went to work at the paper and all the way home, headed east I was chasing the back edge of that same roll that had passed over. I stopped at the store and the back edge was then being lit by the late afternoon sun.

sunlit low clouds

It sure made an ordinary tree beside a busy highway look special!

tree with clouds

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Oh I see, sun is also a very good artist.

Secondary Roads said...

I love those moments when creation is so alive.

happyone said...

Great shots of the clouds!!

Ann Thompson said...

a true masterpiece.