Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, September 20, 2014

White Aspen Revisited

 

The white aspen, Populus alba, is alien, but it's very pretty, and not very invasive here, although it can be a problem some places. Yesterday, the wind was turning the leaves over to reveal the bright white undersides.

silver poplar

This isn't the tree in my kingdom, but still pretty close to me.

For a reminder of how white it looks in the spring, see White Trees Part I

And I have a really interesting picture of its bark somewhere, but of course, can't find it to put here where it would fit. I suppose you'll just see this tree another time!

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

We have a few of these trees around here, and they usually mark the location of old pioneer cabins.

Ann said...

I don't know if we have any of those close by or not

Secondary Roads said...

As an MSU alum, I like the green and white.