Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn Asparagus and Back Roads

 
It occurred to me that those of you farther from the asparagus capital of the world may not know what it looks like in fall. Here's a field full, with a nice fencerow of trees for contrast.

asparagus field in fall

And I got to drive a lot of back roads today. Have to love it!

back road in autumn

back road in autumn

More cases tomorrow, but they are mostly in town.

See Little Manistee River Drive Again
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!

4 comments:

Ann said...

I've never seen a field of fall asparagus. Pretty.

John Sealander said...

Nice Fall pictures! I didn't know asparagus plants grew that tall...

Lin said...

When we were in Hawaii, our tour guide told us "Seasons are overrated". Hmmmm....I guess he has never seen autumn in bloom. I say he's missing out.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- It really is! With little red berries too

John- 4-6 feet tall when all branched out

Lin- Pooh- He's just jealous!