Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What Do You See?

 
Guess what. Someone has made it possible to run the game Riven on Windows XP,7 and 8. You can get it for only $6 at Good Old Games. Guess what I asked for as an anniversary gift. Guess what I've been spending a lot of time on.

The world of Riven has five islands.

photo label

No, this isn't Riven. Yes, I did a little photoshopping. But I see a world to be explored.

What do you see?

(I never got to finish the Riven puzzle before the computer died that it would run on. It's really old now- 15 years or so, but it's still rated as one of the best puzzle games ever, and the graphics hold up as good even yet. Maybe I'll grab some screen shots one of these days to show you.)

See A Serious Addiction
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Well, I don't play computer games, but that's an interesting picture.

Ann said...

I didn't know what Riven was so I had to look and found that it's the sequel to myst. I remember having Myst on an old computer and I could never figure out what the heck I was supposed to do

Secondary Roads said...

Imagination is a wonderful ability. As you continue to post about Riven I find my interest level rising.

RNSANE said...

I'm glad you got your anniversary gift. I don't know how you find time to fit it all in, Joan!