Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cherry Pie II

 
You might remember that last year there was no fruit at my place. This year is turning out to be a great one for cherries. I'm not sure I'll even be able to pick as many as I would like to. Yesterday I got two buckets full.

cherries

The first round of cherries always gets made into pie. No doubt. No questions.

cherry pie

There is already one extra quart in the freezer, and a few more in the fridge. I have found a recipe for cherry frozen yogurt I really want to try.

Cherries are one of my favorites!

If you also read the Cheery Cherry post, I talk about our old cast iron cherry pitter. Guess what I found when we cleaned the pantry. I don't think I'll be picking enough to need it, but it would be fine to use for jam or the yogurt where the cherries are mashed into smaller pieces. It's already well packed away again, or I'd show it to you. Sorry. Maybe another time.

See Cheery Cherry
if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


3 comments:

Ann said...

I don't know which looks better, the little bucket of cherries or the pie.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I know... those silly little peanut butter pails are just perfect and such a nice contrast with the fruit.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

Pie looks delicious - we get our yoghurt in a similar bucket and I am loathe to throw them away but I have to force myself.