Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Piling Trip Upon Trip

 
I know, I know... I haven't even finished the tales of the days of the hike. But I'm off globetrotting again. This was a planned trip, but I hadn't really processed how close in time the two were.

Goodbye to the Great Lakes. This is the Chicago skyline from the back side (and a few thousand feet of elevation!). Yes, Lin, I said hi to you as I went by.

Chicago Skyline

Now I'm in the South. Alabama to be exact. You can tell because of the Magnolias in bloom (and a few other telling qualities!). Although, driving down the commercial streets, the stores and franchises are certainly all the same. I just hate the homogenous world.

magnolias

And why am I here, you ask? SIL Loretta is MOVING TO MICHIGAN, and I am here to help her drive back. Loretta contemplates her to-do list.

to do list

OK. Gotta scoot. But I was able to get on line with my own computer, so I wanted to do a post for you!

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Lin said...

Please do not tell me you flew out of Midway. I literally work a block from there....

Have fun and drive safe!

Sharkbytes said...

Hi Lin- Nope, the big O'Hairy.

Secondary Roads said...

I've seen that skyline many times. O'Hare being the hub that it is, one is bound to go through on many a flight. Though I've never been there on a flight of fancy.

Ann said...

well have a safe trip and lots of fun

vanilla said...

Globetrotting explained.

RNSANE said...

You are a great sis-in-law. I'm sure it will be nice to have Loretta closer.