Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Disappointed with Bluebirds?

 
What? How could I ever be disappointed with my lovely little bluebirds? I snapped this picture this morning while Maggie and I were walking.

pair of bluebirds

However, this afternoon I was in a hurry and just blasted out the door without my camera... it was just another walk around my little loop out back, right?

Sigh. There were three sandhill cranes resting in the shade of the trees by the railroad tracks, and I got within 20 feet of them. Only the second time I've seen the cranes actually make a stop right here.

if you like this blog, click the +1  

6 comments:

Julia said...

To have cranes in my meighborhood...I am envious!

rainfield61 said...

Or the blue birds are disappointed with us..

Ann said...

I always run into things that would make for good pictures when I forget my camera.

Chuck said...

It's nice to have bluebirds again. I enjoy watching them eat the bugs. Go bluebirds!

I see the cranes on a semi-regular basis. They seem to prefer other places to land.

RNSANE said...

Isn't that always the case when we don't carry our camera. I get so frustrated when that happens.

The bluebirds are so sweet.

RNSANE said...

Isn't that always the case when we don't carry our camera. I get so frustrated when that happens.

The bluebirds are so sweet.