Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Philadelphia Flower Show 2012- Outrageous Arrangements

 
There were a large number of huge flower arrangements, of course with the Hawaii theme. They almost all ran to hot vibrant colors. It also seemed to me that the displays included a lot of table settings.

hawaiian table flower arrangement

The next two weren't tables, but pedestals in a fountain.

hawaiian flower arrangement

hawaiian flower arrangement


The next one is from the Standard Flower Show, which means displays that are judged. Yesterday, the front porch and deck were parts of that as well. This is the one cool-color arrangement of this scale, and it's from the "tables" section of the competition. In general, I thought the tables were disappointing this year. They had to include a table and a chandelier, and plant material. This table was a surfboard, with pillows for seating, in a sand box. I liked it just because it was different from the other arrangements.

hawaiian flower table arrangement

Finally, this is another table, but was in one of the commercial exhibits.

hawaiian flower table arrangement

I have to say that I could easily enjoy eating a meal in any of those settings!

if you like this blog, click the +1  

3 comments:

Ann said...

none of them lack in color that's for sure. I think the one I like the best is the one with the surfboard table

rainfield61 said...

Such a bright and colorful show.

Sharkbytes said...

Ann- I tend to gravitate to the unusual, and I agree that the surfboard one was the odd man out.

rainfield- I suspect they tried to exclude your little six and eight legged friends, but perhaps the bright plants might keep you happy.