Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Guilty Party

This is not going to be a very inspired post, but I've been very busy today and very frustrated at trying to complete a report for my job. I'm having to watch the training videos to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and they are loading slowly. And it was the first day of hunting season, and Om let some friends hunt on our property, so Maggie and I didn't get a walk, and I had errands to run, and... but this blog is not supposed to be about that stuff. Everyone's days are like that.

This blog is supposed to be about the good thing(s) that bring me a smile or put a little wind beneath my wings.

So here's my smile for today. As I was working this morning, I was picking the XX-thousandth red dog hair out of my keyboard. I'm trying hard to keep it from getting clogged too fast. On a whim, I put the following phrase on FB:
"Why is my new(ish) computer keyboard already full of red dog hairs?"

By far, the best response I got was from a friend named Angie. She says:
"Perhaps you should restrict said puppy's Facebook time"

I know you know the guilty party!

dog on bed

To compare, here's Maggie when she was just a year old.

Vizsla on bed


See Maggie's Tips for a Holiday Weekend
See It's For You
if you like this blog, click the +1  

10 comments:

betchai said...

Maggie is so pretty and adorable, is it she using FB a lot? :) i mean computer :)

Duxbury Ramblers said...

I am glad I am not the only one with dog hairs in the keyboard :) I am always surprised as I never think of Meg moulting - we keep her trimmed but we still get a lot of hair.
Had a look at your Crab Apple, they are supposed to be ornamental but the children think it's wonderful picking mini apples - so do I :)

john bain said...

I love redheads!

Secondary Roads said...

My keyboard tends to gather black cat hairs. Is there something in keyboards that attract critter hairs? I'm thinking it must be so.

Glynis Peters said...

Now I know how you manage so many blogs/sites!

She is gorgeous. Such loyal eyes.

Ann said...

even at a year old she was a long legged beauty. So she has a fascination with facebook huh? Maybe she needs her own computer...lol

Lin said...

She is probably skyping with Hobbes!

Isn't it amazing how those furs get all over things and in places you don't want them? Criminy. I find Hobbes fur on my chair at work!!

Note to self: get a gray cat--you don't notice the fur half as much!

Sharkbytes said...

betchai- she's not a social hound! maybe she was searching for treats.

Carol- thanks for looking at the yellow crab apple- it's completely new to me.

John- you and my good Scottish friend Robert!

Chuck- I'm sure they have static electricity

Glynis- yeah... she is a BIG help. haha

Ann- she's a Velcro Vizsla... she only wants the one I'm using.

Lin- Hey! That's it. Red cat, red dog... remember http://myqualityday.blogspot.com/2009/03/its-for-you.html

vanilla said...

Wonderful dog, is Maggie. What are a few hairs to having such a companion? I know about red dog hair clogging everything from my years of harboring goldens.

RNSANE said...

I wonder if it's some sort of static electricity that lures the hairs. You're going to have to break down and give Maggie your old computer if she is on Facebook too much.

She certainly was lovely as a youngster but she is aging most gracefully. I should be doing so well.