Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Color in the Wrong Place?


I took these pictures a couple of days ago, but I'm enjoying them today. I worked really hard and got the second revision of News from Dead Mule Swamp done! Way too much sitting, but I'm on track with my goal to release it in e-format on Dec 1. Stay tuned for a contest to win a free copy.

Here's the sunset on Nov 15. Yes, this is a color picture. But where's the color?

gray sunset

Meanwhile, while all the weeds have gone to gray and brown, this goldenrod is just being a rebel and hanging on to some beautifully shaded colors. Those are just the leaves... almost looks like a poinsettia.

goldenrod leaves

if you like this blog, click the +1  

8 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Great pictures! The goldenrod looks pretty with all of the light gray underneath.

betchai said...

the contrast is beautiful, both in the sky and in the leaves.

Duxbury Ramblers said...

That is a fantastic sunset -

Secondary Roads said...

There may not be much color in that first picture, but it is so Michigan in the winter.

Ann said...

that first picture looks a lot like home. Not much color around here anymore.

vanilla said...

Very nice photos. Both of them.

Sharkbytes said...

Ratty- I think so too. I love it when yellow shades into maroon like that

betchai- that IS it, the contrast

Carol- dramatic, for sure

Chuck- It does seem wintery.

Ann- ha! Your gray picture with snow is a good twin for it

vanilla- your B&W with the leaves fits right in

RNSANE said...

I think both pictures are lovely - though the gray skies make me want to put on a warm sweater and drink a hot toddy.