Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Golden Morning

golden light

This was actually a couple of days ago, but I just have to share this picture! I can't figure out if it has some deep meaning with that empty clothesline and unmowed lawn, but who cares? It's pure gold!

7 comments:

rainfield61 said...

Who cares?

If I have tonnes of gold.

Unknown said...

It is the sun reflecting off of the early morning haze that brings back many special memories to me. For I absolutely loved the way things often look at dawn. I just hated having to be up so early to see it, though.

john bain said...

That is the sturdiest clothes line ever. Looks more like a giant hammock. Beautiful picture.

betchai said...

it is pure gold indeed, and love the early morning glow burning off the mist.

Ann said...

Nothing quite like the glow of early morning. Beautiful shot.

Sharkbytes said...

rainfield- Yup! I am rich!

Hi FishHawk- My problem with morning, exactly!

John- why thank you! I built it.

betchai- It's summery, but yet there is a hint of fall, somehow.

Ann- ah yes, you are the person who gets up at 3 am. Ugh.

RNSANE said...

I have to agree with you, Joan, this is a wonderful shot. The city is encroaching on us in our area but we still have a few areas where houses have not been built and early morning shots or the hills and ocean take on that golden glow.