Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Brand New Feed Blog for Nature Lovers


banner for Nature Lovers blogHere's the news! I have finally gotten organized and started a collection of my favorite nature blogs. It's feed blog that will list the most recent 25 articles submitted by the sites that I've entered.

There are 20 "Charter Inductees," and you will quickly recognize many friends there. My criterion was simple. Each blog has more than 60% of its posts dedicated to things that include the quiet study of the natural world.

Here's the list! (alphabetically)
  1. Animal of the Day
  2. Birding in the Falkland Islands
  3. Dances of Dreams
  4. Duxbury Ramblers
  5. English Wilderness
  6. Everyday Adventurer
  7. The Joys of Simple Life
  8. Martha's Musings
  9. My Birdy Blog
  10. My Handycam
  11. My Journey
  12. My Quality Day
  13. New York Wildlife
  14. One Day One Image
  15. Photography By Ginny
  16. Photography Exposure
  17. The Retirement Chronicles
  18. Time Outdoors
  19. Wild Facts
  20. WiseAcre Gardens

But, the point is, you don't have to follow those links individually. Just click the birdie banner above and check it out.

I'll be e-interviewing all included bloggers who are willing over the next few months, so you can learn more about where they are and why they like telling us about the flowers and birds and bees where they live. I'll keep adding blogs as I find good candidates.

This has been built VERY simply on a blog platform. The feed is not "live" in the sense that a new entry will appear whenever someone posts. You would need to refresh the page to see if there is a new entry. I'll keep looking for a way to improve that. Check it out, and have fun!

I'll just leave you with the sunset from Saturday night.

sunset



11 comments:

wenn said...

beautiful sunset..

rainfield61 said...

I finally see my blog in there. Thank you very much.

Icy BC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Icy BC said...

Thank you for selecting my blog, Sharkbytes! That's an honor..

The sunset photo is gorgeous!

anushka said...

thank you for selecting my blog.

Ann said...

Sounds very interesting. I see several blogs that I already know

spinninglovelydays said...

Thanks, Sharkbytes. I love visiting nature blogs like yours. I find them inspiring. :)

Jean said...

wow..look at the tiny clouds

A smile from SJ =)

WillOaks Studio said...

Looks like a terrific blogroll! And wow, that's a magnificent sky scape!

Sharkbytes said...

To all who commented on the sunset- these winter sunsets are very cold looking. They are gold-tinged and gleam more than the picture shows. There was even a little chunk of rainbow in this one that didn't show in the photo. I'm glad you like the pic, but the real ones are just SO much better!

Thank you, Wenn

rainfield! I wouldn't leave you out.

Hi Icy- You are welcome- you have some great flower pix.

vrajesh- your blog is very worthy! So many birds for us to learn.

Ann- We've all found some of the good ones!

Hi Ivy- I'm glad you like them. Maybe I can make it a little easier for people to find them.

SJ- Yes, there were tiny "mackerel" clouds in that funny block.

Karen- I liked how the wispy clouds seemed to spread both ways from the sun. It seemed odd.

Rick (Ratty) said...

As I said on the new nature blog site, this is an excellent idea that needed to be done. There is no other place that covers our kind of nature blog exclusively like this.