Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Worth Struggling For


dog trying to squirm under a log

This is not an inspired post. It was so windy today that it was difficult to walk! But we did, and Maggie was really intent on finding... something... in the leaves under this log. I have no idea what it was that she was smelling, but she sure wanted it!

So that's all I have to say. We each have our goals that are worth struggling for!

Hike Planning Report
Got our reservations at Gunflint Lodge, and one more step towards our wilderness permit is complete.

spent some more time with the information from MN folks getting better acquainted with this section of trail

Dehydrated carrots and fruit

Wrote a long update to our hike members

Hiked 1.5 miles with 31 pounds


See Maggie the (Not So) Great Coyote Hunter

4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

Even if the post isn't inspired today, the picture of Maggie makes it a good one. I like all of the wild animals I see, but my favorite animals are still dogs.

Sharkbytes said...

Aw, thanks, friend Rat. You know I love those puppies! What are you doing still up?

Nessa said...

I'm inspired! :)

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Thanks, Nessa!