Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Friday, February 20, 2009

The White Cliffs of ...



Hanson.

Er... Hanson Road. Just another roadwalk day. No grilled cheese or fish. But I thought the snowbanks look very geologic, revealing eons of deposition and erosion. Er... months.

Not too creative today, but we had a good walk.

See Paper Bag with Fish
See Grilled Cheese on Snow

4 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

I was going to read anyway, but seeing the strange picture first made me extremely curious to read your thoughts on it. You're right, it does look geologic.

Anonymous said...

How deep is the snowbank?

rainfield61 said...

Just one of that day we always go through and keep struggling. BTW it is an experience gained.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

Hi Ratty- The picture didn't really show quite what I thought I was seeing in my head, but it's not bad. I'm glad you like it- I was somewhat dissatisfied.

Solomon- I purposely made it so you couldn't tell! It's about 4 feet.

Rainfield- Yes, for all of us here, the snow is getting to be a bit of a struggle. We are at 2nd most snowfall ever as of now, and it's snowing as I type. I do like having enough to ski or snowshoe on rather than the half snow half dirt look. I'm not complaining yet, it's only February!